Malacca

Friday 31 August 2012

I arrived here around 11 AM today; only 2 hours by bus from Kuala Lumpur. I was so hungry because I fell back asleep after my alarm rang, so I didn't have time to eat breakfast. I was sure that I pressed the snooze button, but apparently I didn't. It happens quite often that I press the snooze button in my imagination, and I think I actually did in real life, ha. It's confusing in the morning, y'know.

So, I arrived here, and I told myself that I will eat in the first restaurant I see...and I was pretty lost and didn't bother to check the map, because I was just too hungry. I had Chinese food for the first time since I left home, and some dutch food. It was good. After that, I just walked around the whole place.

Melacca was once the most important trading port of Malaysia for Chinese, Dutch, British and Indian traders. It's a small city with so much character and well-maintained old-world charm...dutch buildings, catholic churches, little India, paintings on buildings, colorful walls. It is one of the most beautiful places I've seen so far.






















 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved