Vientiane

Wednesday 29 August 2012

I've never seen so many monks walking on the streets randomly.



The COPE Visitor Centre is my favorite place in Vientiane. I think it's very important that people know about the continuing problems caused by UXO and the way it affects people, and what's being done today to help the victims. I must admit that I knew nothing about it before my visit. It is small, but I spent 2 hours there...everything is very well presented and educational. I'm glad I went.



Ho Pra Keo; a temple and a museum. This place was recommended in my guidebook...and it's honestly not that good. I wonder if it's because I don't have a religion, hence what I see don't really mean anything to me...or maybe I should just stop trusting my guidebook.






This has to be my second favorite place in Vientiane; the riverside.



Pha That Luang, it is regarded as the national symbol of Laos.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to see things as much as I like to do things. I mean, there are some places of great historical importance that every traveler must see...but I think whether or not I enjoy a place depends on what there is to do, and not how impressive their monuments are. In Laos, there wasn't enough original things to do quite honestly...I wish I made a stop in Vang Vieng to do some water sports, and I wish I could stay longer in Laos so I could know the country better...

There's always next time.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved