Fear

Thursday 2 August 2012

I'm at the Hong Kong airport waiting for my flight to Hanoi right now.

People often ask me if I'm scared to do all of this alone. Even my parents worry that I don't realize that I should be scared...but of course, I am scared sometimes. I think we'll always be at least a little scared of things and people we want the most...but everytime we encounter something that we're scared of is another opportunity to grow, to be courageous because we perceive something else to be more important than our fear. Whether we continue grow intellectually, philosophically, and emotionally depends on how we handle that fear.

...and I think this is where things went wrong for Jonathan. From pain, we grow and from comfort, we become complacent. He was too comfortable but as he ages, he realized that he missed out on many opportunities. He could've had everything by now, but he decided long time ago to give up on his long-term goals for a form a happiness that exists in one moment but leaves him feeling empty the next.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved