Bus to Vientiane

Monday 27 August 2012

I arrived at the bus station to take the overnight bus for Vientiane, which is the capital city of Laos. The tuk-tuk driver was really nice; he helped me find the bus.

The bus I booked is a VIP sleeper bus, which looked nice from the outside. I got on the bus and realized that it actually has beds; I thought a sleeper bus just meant that it has more room and more comfortable reclining seats. I was happy with that until I realized that the beds are shared.

I was like...this can't be serious. What if the other person who shares my bed is a man?! I would seriously die...

 Luckily, it's a local girl...no privacy at all though :(





Personally, I think I would much rather take a normal VIP bus, at least there would be enough room for my legs. The beds are not long enough to fit my whole body, so I had to sleep like a shrimp. 

I was thinking about that last night, people always think it's so cheap in Southeast Asia, but it's actually not that cheap...even if it's usually cheaper than western countries. I've been to China, so I know how cheap is cheap. And I think the reason for this is because in China, there are much more local tourists than international tourists...so everything still remains very Chinese. You will also realize that it's harder to get by with only English in China as well. In Southeast Asia, however, you'll always find an English menu, and even if they say it's "authentic food "...it's really not what local people eat.

Anyway, I'm in Vientiane now...
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved