Hong Kong, part 2

Wednesday 1 August 2012

I went to Wong Tai Sin today, another temple, but I often hear about this one on TV, so it's actually quite cool to be there. I liked how serious and miserable people look when they are desperately praying for something, haha, it's funny to watch.







 The peak.




I really like Hong Kong; it's very diverse and dynamic. I consider Montreal to be somewhat diverse as well, but definitely not dynamic and in fact, it is quite resistant to change as well. Quebecers are unreasonably afraid to loose their identities...and that tells you how strong they are already. Hong Kong, on the other hand, is not only ethnically diverse, but it incorporates old and new, skyscrapers and rustic street markets, timeless traditions, relaxed ambiance of the seaviews and hectic city routines, it's just awesome here. Everything co-exists in such a peaceful way. It continues to grow, and it's definitely a place with more potential than other cities I've visited.

PS.: People often think that I'm from Hong Kong, because I can speak Cantonese without any accent, but I'm not. So that was my very unbiased opinion :)
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved