Bangkok

Tuesday 21 August 2012

So, Bangkok was nice. It’s more developed, and there are many tourists...and many people who are trying to scam those tourists obviously. It didn't happen to me, but a lot of people were trying to sell me stuff...and taxi drivers who refused to use the meter. 

I went to the grand palace. I’m usually very difficult to impress...but this one really made an impression on me. I've never seen a place with so much gold and shiny stuff, haha.



















Then, I decided I would just go to one temple, Wat Arun, because Kristy recommended it and it's actually the most photographed temple of Bangkok.



I thought it was fun; you have a nice view of the city when you climb to the top....but climbing down is not recommended for people afraid of heights. The stairs are so steep that I was a little scared to slip and fall. When I finally got down, I involuntarily said out loud "Oh, my, god".  When you’re travelling, you’re always looking for moments like these.



Later that night, I went to see the Calypso Cabaret, which is one of the most famous ladyboys shows in Bangkok. For those who don't know yet, it's a show where all performers are either transexuals or transvestites who are unbelievably pretty. The show was so ridiculous but smart, messy but well put together. I loved it.

When I was watching the ladyboys, I missed putting on make-up, doing my hair and looking pretty. These days, I always wear my hair in a bun, my face is always naked, my feet are always dirty and I only shave when it's convenient...yeah.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved