I ate a...

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Grasshopper!!!


I was drinking near Khaosan Road with other backpackers I met on the road, which is in central Bangkok, a place with many bars, artists, food stalls, and shops. Suddenly, a guy came up to us with a small plastic bags with deep fried grasshoppers and asked if one of us could eat one, because his female friend would eat one only if one girl from our table would have one first. 

I started screaming as soon as I laid my eyes on the giant grasshoppers; I'm very scared of insects, even ants. I actually saw some push carts selling all kinds of deep fried insects earlier, but I chickened out...

The girl next to me took one, and started examining the grasshopper. She licked it...but she wouldn’t eat it. While she was doing that, I was debating in my head...I knew I wanted to do it though. I took one by the leg, and I touched its round head and smelled it....and I ate it very slowly. It was crunchy and actually tastes very good with beer.

I'm still scared of insects though...
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved