Hoi An

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Sometimes, I find it scary that people mysteriously die here. Other times, I think it is expected...in a place where poverty is a common problem, things like integrity aren't worth enough to feed the whole family. My mom always tells me that people raised in Asia are more complicated while people raised in the west are usually more blunt and stupid...and I think it's true.

I'm in Hoi An, by the way. It's about 4 hours away from Hue. It is very small, quite and one of the most beautiful place I've been so far and it's actually recognized as a world heritage site by UNESCO...which also means very touristic.

A random beach on the way to Hoi An. Vietnam actually has the longest tunnel in South-East Asia that was financially supported by the Japanese and it takes about 5 minutes to drive through, but the bus driver wanted to be adventurous and went for the narrow roads on the mountains which took 40 minutes...



American checkpoint.



Another random beach...



Chinese Assembly Hall in Hoi An.



Ancient town.











Riverside



Hoi An used to be divided into two parts; Chinese on one side and Japanese on the other. This bridge was built by the Japanese to connect the two parts.





 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved