Luang Prabang

Saturday 25 August 2012

Oh. My. God. I just found a gecko on the shower tube while I was showering. I'm used to seeing geckos everywhere, on walls and ceilings...but not in my shower. I was all wet, and still had soap on me...but I put on a dress anyway because it would be too inappropriate to go ask for help with just a towel. The lady thought I was funny because I'm scared of a gecko, haha. I can't believe that happened to me. How did it even get in there?!

Anyways.

I'm in Laos now.

My mom kept discouraging me from coming here. "What are you going to do there? There's nothing to do. I might have heard of people going to Cambodia, but I've never heard of anybody going to Laos?!"

I used to not care about other Asian countries other than my own; I had no interest in their history or people. But now, I'm very happy I came here. From something as simple as a grain of rice to the difficulties that people live and projects dedicated to make their countries a better place to live in; I will never look at these the same way I used to.


Night Market on the main street.











The Mekong river.



On top of Phou Si Mountain.


Luang Prabang is very small and peaceful; I could walk from east to west in 45 minutes in slow motion. So yeah, I feel like I've already done everything today. There's a waterfall not too far that is in every guidebook...but I'm very not interested in seeing waterfalls. Tomorrow, I think I'll just spend my time in a coffee shop and wait for my overnight bus to Vientiane.

Reminder to self: Buy cat poop coffee in Indonesia for mom.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved