Cu Chi

Sunday 12 August 2012



Today, I went to the Cu Chi tunnels. They are now made bigger for tourists. I wanted to go down, and as I went further, I had to bend down, but it got narrow and narrower. At some point, I think I had to crawl through a hole....so I turned around and went back up and luckily, there was no one behind me. One thing that I'm really scared of is the lack of space...I'm always looking for an exit in the back of my mind because I feel insecure if I cannot easily escape. When I'm on an airplane, my favorite sit is near the exit and on the aisle. I even feel uncomfortable when the ceiling isn't high enough actually...

The Cu Chi tunnels is the place that helped VietCongs defeat the South and the Americans. And while we're talking about the Americans, don’t they love to be the heroes and save others from their "misery"? Is this why they always like to butt into others’ business? I don’t even see what is so wrong about communism. I understand that sometimes, we feel pity for some communist countries, but not all communism is the same. Some people take it to the extreme which is never a good thing, but in general, I think most know what is appropriate for their country. VietCongs are weaker and lesser in number but they won because they love their country and they won people's heart. Communism never killed anybody, people did.

I’ve heard all kinds of horrible story in this world, but I think the Vietnam war is one of the saddest stories of humanity. Many generations have been affected by Agent Orange, even until today. They think their children and grand children are being punished for something they did wrong. Today, there are still many mentally impaired, and physically deformed people living around that area. They don't want people to give them money though, they want to earn the money by making handicrafts...

I read that phrase in the War Remnant Museum, it said "Come to the victims of Agent Orange, the poorest of the poor, the most suffering of those who suffer."
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved