Train to Chiang Mai

Wednesday 22 August 2012

I just got on the overnight train for Chiang Mai. The trains are slightly nicer than the ones in Vietnam.


I'm not sure if it's the pillow or me, but something smells weird...it's probably me. I didn’t shower after my long and sweaty day in Ayutthaya. I checked out very early today to go to Ayutthaya, which was nice, but I wish I did something more varied and active. Ayutthaya is a historical site and was once Thailand’s capital...so you can imagine the kinds of things that there were to see. Yes, more temples.

Nonetheless, here are some pictures:


















After Ayuttaya,  I went back to Bangkok to get my luggage and came to the train station.

When I was trying to get on the train with my big suitcase and my smaller sport bag (both together weight 26kg), one of my flip flops dropped on the rail. Luckily, I was able to get it back. My mom always tells me that nobody backpacks in Southeast Asia with a suitcase.

...but here are the pros of having a suitcase instead of a backpack:

-When I need to get something from my suitcase, I just open it and will probably find it easily. But if I had a backpack, I would have to unpack everything.

-If I actually needed help carrying my suitcase up and down, someone will offer to help.

-I can pack more stuff.

-I have wheels.

Anyways, I will be in Chiang Mai in 14 hours. Ouch.

PS.: Fuck, that took 17 hours. 
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved