Todgha Gorge

Friday 18 September 2015

Todgha is a canyon in the eastern part of the Atlas Mountains. Powerful rivers carved out cliff-sided canyons once upon a time, but has since dried up. I hiked through the gorge and was fortunate enough to meet some of the local nomads and joined them for a cup of tea. There were two little girls, the younger one is Fatima, and the older one is Abisha. Abisha was playing with her baby goat when I arrived. She then made me play with rocks with her. Although we didn't speak the same language, it reminded me how easy it was to communicate as a child. It was very refreshing.

It's a wild place with spectacular views, not many people go there, but you share the road with goats, mules and donkeys. The sheer beauty and serenity of this place is overwhelming; you just wonder how did mother nature create this...my gopro really don't do this place justice.







 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved