Fes

Monday 14 September 2015

I'm in Fes!

Fes is the most impressive city in Morocco so far. It has the most complete Medina in the Arab world. There are everything from hospitals, mosques, and schools in the Medica, and some people never leave it. Personally, I would never be able to live between those tall walls because I have mild claustrophobia.

For those who don't know, the streets in the Medina look like the first picture. It has more than 9000 streets, and the only transportation allowed are donkeys or mules. It can be dusty and smelly, but full of history and colors. If you walk into the street where they sell meat, you will see camel heads hanging...yummy!

I've never seen a place like this before, it takes me out of my comfort zone but it is amazing. It really gives you a good insight of daily life in medieval times...






 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved