Sahara

Wednesday 16 September 2015


I took a bus to Sahara desert where I camped for a night. The bus drove through those high rocky mountains that reminded me of western China. It doesn't seem like it, but the road is situated at an altitude of approximately 1900m. The rocky mountains slowly turned into smaller rocks, and soon disappeared into sands.The heat was so strong that even the air-con gave up (and I slightly bled from my nose). The nearby towns were made of stone buildings that blend into the picture so nicely.

The bus dropped me at an auberge at the edge of the Erg Chebbi where I embarked on a Camel to trek into the towering golden dunes, up to 150 meters of heights. The color of the sand was vibrant and the edges of the dunes looked like it was drawn with a sharp pencil. I watched the beautiful sunset, and the blue sky turning into the dark of a starry night.

I just feel so lucky to be here...how many people can say they spent a night admiring the stars and the milky way in the mighty Sahara? It's such a magical destination; it's one of those places I will remember for the rest of my life.






 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved