Aroumd

Sunday 20 September 2015

I'm leaving the desert landscape for the mountains today. I took a bus that goes over Tizi n'Tichka pass that reaches an elevation of 2260m, and continues all the way to a little village called Imlil. Imlil is considered the centre of mountain tourism, and many people start there to attempt Northern Africa's highest peak - Mount Toubkal.

When I got there, I hired a mule up to Aroumd, a remote village perched on a rocky outcrop at an altitude of around 1900m. That place is surrounded my mountains that all parts of the High Atlas. From there, we're also able to see Mount Toubkal, and snow falls at its top.

It is a quiet place with a gentle pace; kids use rubber shoes as soccer balls and mules are the only form of transportation...it is a place beyond reach of the modern world. When the sun sets, the enormous mountains reflects the sun light; it's both so imposing and peaceful at the same time.

...and waking up to that crisp mountain air is one of my favorite things!





 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved