Unsent letters: Day 2

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Jonathan,

Today is the second day after our break-up and the first day I don't hear your voice. I was thinking about the things you told me when we first met. You asked me if I were with you just for the ride. You said you saw us together forever only after the first week we met...it hurts me thinking about it. It makes me think that maybe you didn't know what you were talking about, maybe you didn't realize the impact of those words, you change too fast and too easily, maybe you are overly confident. I don't want to blame you because you actually did a lot for me, more than anybody.

Last night, I wanted to tell you one last time that I love you, but you hung up too early. Today, I didn't cry; I feel very calm and hopeful. I don't feel like I lost you; I can still feel your presence here with me. Am I being delusional? Because I do hope to start over with you. If that day comes, I promise I will be more honest with you, trust you more and have faith in you. I hope that we'll continue to learn from each other and overcome our shortcomings together.

I didn't want to break up with you because I believe that all it really takes is one reason from the heart to validate our actions, no matter how illogical and irational that reason might be. However, I also believe that if we were meant to be, even if it's not now, someday we will meet again.

I'm worried and excited. I worry that you will forget me, that you will forget our promise, that you will no longer care about me...but I'm also excited to see what surprises the future might bring. Nothing that is worthwhile is ever easy. I have faith in us.

I love you, Jonathan.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved