Kathmandu: Part 3

Saturday 20 December 2014

Here's the fun part; walking through the narrow and chaotic streets. There is so much going on at every corner. Crossing the roads here can be a difficult mission, but I felt safe and comfortable here, and everything is so cheap! Having traveled quite a lot; I can say that this is a rare combination.

I spent the afternoon here, shopping for postcards, sneaking into temples, bargaining for cheap clothes, exploring abandoned buildings and the gigantic labyrinth that Thamel is.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.







Later that evening, I went to a bar called New Orleans (everything in Kathmandu comes from a foreign place), with one Aussie, one Scottish and one English. Despite the near-zero temperature, people were sitting on terasses with their puffy jackets and beanies on, near open fire and Christmas trees. We had some hot rhum punch, which was so good, especially in this cold temperature. I loved the atmosphere :)
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved