Varanasi: Ganges

Sunday 28 December 2014

I just came back from two days of sailing in the biggest toilet in the world; Ganges! It's the holy river where you can see cremation...2 meters further, you can see people washing clothes...2 meters further, you can see people bathing...2 meters further, you can see people shitting and pissing.

Here's the guy doing the rowing. He was quite nice, although he didn't speak English. There are blankets and pillows on the boat. It was relaxing...



There is so much going on as the boat passed through villages and communities. I saw a group of dogs feasting on a dead cow, which is quite crazy.



At other times, there wasn't much going on, so I read. I'm reading "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed, a girl who walked 1100 miles across the pacific crest trail. I do hiking often, but I've never been on a long-distance trekking trip like this...and I'm thinking that I should do this someday.



I got off the boat on a small deserted island. It felt like I was exploring another planet. The fog was thick, and it felt like I was alone in this world. There are pages of religious book on the ground...which made things even creepier.



Here's my little tent for the night. To be honest, it was quite cold and uncomfortable, and I had weird dreams.

I finished reading the book "Wild", and somewhere I read that you have to be strong enough to break your own heart. It can mean many different things, but to me, it's saying no to toxic relationships, saying no to liars, saying no to poisonous habits...
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved