Train to Orchha

Wednesday 31 December 2014


So, I've been on trains in Vietnam, China, Thailand, Uzbekistan...and now in India. Trains in India are never on schedule. Sometimes, even if it picks you up on time, it doesn't mean that it will get you to your destination on time. As for me, my train was 2 hours late.

I've always been scared because of the dirty factor. Some people say it's not that bad...and after that experience, I can say that it wasn't actually that bad, except for the toilet smell, and a mouse.

Something funny happened on the train. As you know, I was very sick and I didn't have enough water with me. I met this British girl on the train who wanted some food, and we wondered if we could get off at a station to get some. The train would stop at some stations for 15 minutes, and for 2 minutes at other stations...and we had no idea how to figure out when was time to get back on the train. An Indian lady next to us said that the train will stop for 30 minutes at the next station...which sounds believable.

We got off the train and started walking, and bumped into a little kid selling water at about 300 meters further. While we were trying to figure out how much the water was, the train started moving. We were so terrified to miss the train because our baggage was on the train, so we ran and jumped on the moving train.

I was so glad we made it, but then we realized that the wagon started detaching from the rest of the train...we were like, no way! So, we jumped off the moving train and ran back to our wagon like two crazy people....which didn't start moving until 30 minutes later.

Jumping on and off a moving train? check!
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved