Kathmandu: Part 1

Saturday 20 December 2014


"Wherever we go, we see", the cashier says as I pay for my sandwich and expensive airport water, and I smiled back at him. I'm travelling to Nepal with Qatar Airways. This is my second time flying with them and I love it! It was a long, but quite comfortable journey. Maybe Qatar could be my next destination, who knows!

I arrived in Kathmandu, without much complication, after 20-something hours of travelling. It was slightly complicated to get a visa, but nothing dramatic. People at the airport were very friendly and helpful. The guys at the taxi booth were funny as well; they were joking around and teasing each other. I'm already starting to love this place!



I'm staying in Thamel, which is a busy place with narrow streets lined with restaurants and shops of all kinds. It's colder than I expected; this type of weather reminds me of Kyrgyzstan. It's not the usual type of cold as in Canada...but a type of cold that you feel in higher elevation areas. I like this weather. I'm a bit worried that I might not have enough warm clothes, but...I'm Canadian, so I should be fine.

I was still at work yesterday, filled with stress...and now I'm here, in Kathmandu, on the other side of the world, home to the highest mountains in the world. All this seem to be going by so quickly and unexpectedly; it's pretty crazy.

Life, we came to live it...
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved