Varanasi: Exploring

Sunday 28 December 2014

People often tell me about how dirty India is, and I didn't quite believe it...until I came here. I've been to many place in my life, and I've never seen a place as dirty as India. I used to think that Africa is dirty...but Africa is actually very far from being dirty, it is however very dusty. I like India though...it is wild, and full of energy! There are endless things to do, endless things to see!

After coming back from the sailing trip, I went to do some shopping and some more picture-taking. I went into a saree shop, and the shop owner sat me down on the carpet and opened every drawer and pulled out every saree he had. I felt so bad, because I was definitely not going to buy one, haha

Then I took another boat to watch a ceremony whereby small offerings are given to Goddess Ganga. People placed a small candle inside a cup made of leaves and flowers and float it down the river. You are supposed to make a wish and it will supposedly come true...but I can assure you that it doesn't. It was quite special nonetheless; there were so many boats and people watching.






 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved