Getting close to wildlife

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Chitwan is known for its wildlife. You can either take a canoe or a jeep; I did both.

The canoe is actually a tree that they dug out the inside. You make sure not to move because it is not very stable. It was very relaxing to just sit there, listening to the noises that animals make...birds, water buffaloes, peacocks, deers, etc.



Some houses by the river....



Many women washing clothes there as well...



...and lots of crocodiles; I've never seen so many of them! They were everywhere on the river bank.



Oh and this is what the canoe looks like.

After that canoe ride, I did the jeep. It reminded me of Africa, except that it was much better in Africa, because it was more deserted and less affected by humans. In Chitwan, I noticed more traces that humans left..like garbage for example, it is more poluted. It is not as natural and wild as Africa.

However, it is a different type of landscape; the grass  were taller, greener and more dense than Africa, and I really enjoyed trying to spot animals. They blend in so well with the surrounding that it's hard to spot them, but when you do, you feel like you've accomplished something. I was hoping to see a tiger, but it didn't happen unfortunately.



I slept in a small village near the river. At 5am, someone knocks on my door, which scared me. "A rhino outside near the fireplace!" I heard. I wasn't 100% excited because I've tracked rhinos on foot in Africa...but I was already half awake because of the chicken screaming, so I thought, why not have a look! I got outside just in time to see the rhino's butt, haha. It ran away the next second. I'm happy I saw it.



It was very foggy in the morning. I 've never seen such thick fog, and I like it! Everything just looks so great on picture and it looks mysterious and romantic.



I took the jeep back to my hotel, and drove through the foggy forest. The landscape was simply amazing.



I've never seen anywhere so pretty. Everything just looks like a picture in a fairy tale book!



This is what a cow looks like in a fairy tale, haha..



...and the kids, of course!

That concludes my little adventure in Chitwan.

By the way, Sherbrooke's lullaby singer wrote me; he asked if we will see each other again...and honestly, if it wasn't because I was seeing another guy, I would've given him a second chance. But even without that other guy in the picture, I see more negative points about him than positive ones if I had to think about that rationally:

1- First of all, he lives in Sherbrooke, which is 2 hours away, so it's pretty much impossible to see him during the week. It's nice to see him, but I don't want to drive 2 hours just to see him all the time! I want to be able to enjoy the outdoors instead of wasting my weekends away.

2-He once lost his temper and said mean and immature things to me. Most importantly, he never apologized.

3-He was still on tinder when he told me that he didn't want to see other girls. Another man whose actions are not aligned with words...

4-He seems very troubled by his mom's behavior.

5-He was seeing another girl after that, but it probably didn't work out, which is why he wants to see me now...but it's not me that he actually wants to see, he's just a lonely and pathetic man who is prisoner of his own success.

6-Last time he wanted us to meet again, he wanted us to be friends with benefits, which proves that there's huge gap in the values that we hold.

I think I would've helped him...we got along quite well. But his behavior is quite problematic and we would have a long way to go if we were to give this a shot...and I just don't have time for that. Timing isn't right, and the location is not helping either. So fuck that.

 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved