The cheap local guy

Thursday 5 September 2013



I can't remember his name, but he's always hanging around Shoestrings, and he always asks us for money to buy drinks, which is why we call him the cheap local guy. We don't really mind because we all just want to have a good time.

"You're the most different and special person I've seen," he said. I have no idea if he's serious or not, but probably not.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

He said he had a girlfriend, he paid for her school and everything, but in the end, she left with another guy. His parents died, his dad was poisoned, and he has no brothers or sisters...which is why he hangs out at Shoestrings every night.

I kind of understand why he's the way he is now, if he's had such an experience in the past. Sometimes, I forget to not judge people so quickly.

I'll always remember his face when singing that African love song along with a live band in the background. He looked like he tried to be careless for too long...
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved