I conquered Zambezi River

Monday 2 September 2013

Zambezi is one of the longest river in Africa; it starts in Zambia and flows through several countries.

I was paired with another girl who was also alone and who also never did canoeing. We saw crocodiles, hippos and elephants. I've never been so close to wildlife before. I unfortunately didn't bring my camera because I didn't want to get it wet.

We paddled all day long; it was pretty relaxing at the beginning but as the day went on, we had to stay alert and pay attention to our surroundings. There were many hippos, which are considered to be the most deadly animal in Africa. One small mistake could cost us our lives. I never thought I would be able to say I did anything like this in my lifetime.

Later in the day, I went out for dinner with a friend I met the night before at Shoestrings. He is a local guy who have studied in Australia. He is pretty nice and smart. He told me a story about his first girlfriend who was forced to marry another guy who had a job and a stable life, as he was still a student at that time. She did not want to, so her parents and the guy put up a plan to rape her. I have a hard time believing that these things happen in real life. She later died, and he doesn't know why.

As he walked me back at night, I asked "How can you find your way in this darkness?"

"Ah, you're a city girl...You just have to use your 6th sense and trust that your next step will be okay," he answered.

PS.: I made the mistake to give Reward my real phone number and he just called me 30 times today which kind of freaked me out. He also wants to "invite" me to his religion which I don't exactly find appropriate. I'm scared now!
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved