Teun

Wednesday 4 September 2013


One day, I was too lazy to go out in town to eat, so I made myself toast in the kitchen. When Teun came back to the hostel, he sat down in the kitchen too "I said hi to you this morning, but you looked so uninterested, haha," he said. "I was pretty damn tired," I answered. He showed me some of his travelling photos and we ended up talking all night. A local couple joined us as well. The best conversations are the ones you talk about everything, from boring work to ping pong shows, and in the end, you realize that you forgot to ask what their name is.

Then, I went to bed, and I heard someone knocking on my door and mumbling something. I thought that it could be Reward since he knows where I stay. He even texted me "Good night Baby". I was like...what the fuck!! I was so paranoid that I didn't even dare going for a late night piss. Next morning, I found this under my door, ha. It was Teun messing with me.

We went out to eat in a nice restaurant the next day and then went for drinks at Shoestrings to end up at a big party at Adventura Lodge. I had so much fun with Teun, Claude, the young French kid and the cheap local guy. It was probably the most international party that I've been to; there were people from all around the world.

After the party, I said to Teun that we need to find Claude, the young French kid, and bring him back to his hostel. Claude is 19 years old from France. He came to Africa with a backpack that is smaller than my school bag. At such a young age, he already knows that you don't need much to travel. I think he will grow into a really awesome person. He said that he wants to go all the way to Algeria by thumbing lifts, which is pretty amazing.

After finding the French guy, we walked him back to his hostel, and we walked to our's after. After we got back, I realized that I forgot to take my malaria tablets. So, I ran to the kitchen and threw a slice of bread in to toaster. Teun passed by, because he also forgot to take them.

"You're crazy." Teun said.

"Why do you say that?"

"I don't know...like you laugh when you're scared for example," he said. I did laugh on our way back to the hostel. Our hostel isn't located in town and foreigners are usually told to take a cab after sunset. There were sounds of animals around us, and it was pitch black at night, I was scared but made fun of it.

"...but I'm not that crazy, y'know?"

"Yeah...it's cute that you look after that younger french kid, you're like a big sister. Also, you're making yourself toast at midnight just to have something to go with your malaria tablets...that's quite responsible too."

By the way, all three of us partied in a pair of flip flops and a backpack. And I was wearing harem pants. We're so cool, right?

TIA, This is Africa!
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved