Stone town

Friday 20 September 2013


Yesterday, I took a ferry known as the "vommit commit" from Dar Es Salaam to Zanzibar. It was very rough; couldn't even stand on the boat. The staff gave everyone sick bags just in case. Everyone was grumpy and dizzy. I did make use of the sick bag on the way back to Dar es Salaam by the way. I puked 3 times.. How embarrassing!

Zanzibar is quite humid and there are many palm trees. It is a Muslim country, which is why I like it. There is something about the smell, and all the spices that I love. The buildings are generally white...I feel like this could be Morocco, even though I've never been...

I spent the day getting lost in the alleys with another girl.

"Do you dare?" Chloe would ask at the entrance of every suspicious alley.

"Let's do it!" I reply, every time.










We went to all the creepiest alleys. We had a map but we didn't bother using it. We tried to stay away from the tourists streets where people try to sell you soccer jerseys...even though I bought one, ha. People are friendly here, everyone greets you with "Jambo!", which means hello. We saw kids playing soccer on the streets, we met a man who seemed scary at first, but he told us a story about a slave who wanted to marry a non-slave. People wanted to kill them, but instead, they were sent to Australia. He seemed like someone with lots of history and battle scars. Maybe he once was somebody...

Oh, by the way, Zanzibar is the birth place of the man of my life, Freddie Mercury! We had lunch at Mercury's restaurant, which was situated by the beach.

The drinks all had a special name, such as "Fat bottomed girl" or "Bohemian Rhapsody".

...and this used to be Freddie Mercury's house.

I had so much fun exploring stone town. We also went to a market and a butchery...it was so smelly, but we tried to be adventurous, hehe.





Hakuna Matata!
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved