Bungee!

Tuesday 3 September 2013

I went to the border early in the morning, and as I walked to the bridge connecting Zambia and Zimbabwe, there were many boys trying to sell me bracelets and other stuff. I did end up getting a bracelet because the guy came all the way to the jumping point to encourage me, so it's okay to buy some overpriced stuff in return to support them.

 Here is the guy attaching me.

When I looked down, I thought to myself  "Is it too late to turn back now?"

As I stepped closer to the edge, I forced a smile for the camera...

...then the countdown started; they screamed very loud right behind my ears "Five, four, three..." and I was like, what already? "No!! Wait!!" I screamed, I wasn't mentally ready yet. "You're only making things worst  for yourself," he said. He was right. I just had to switch my mind off and look out at the horizon.

Jumping out with everything I’ve got...

It felt unreal as I was falling. All I could hear was the sound of the wind. I could see the river and the mountains...I felt like I was falling in slow motion; it was as if the whole world stopped for a few seconds, and I was the only moving object.

I'm not sure why I wanted to jump...maybe because everything I see is a blur, and I can't enjoy my life completely as a result. I feel strangled by these recurring thoughts at times...I think I cried a little bit when I jumped. I can't find a word to describe that feeling of total liberation.

It's one of those things that you don't regret doing once you've done it...
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved