Hwange

Saturday 7 September 2013

Teun left for Botswana yesterday, and Claude left for France. I'm finally leaving Victoria Falls as well.

I've been here for a week, but it almost feels like a lifetime. I've met so many good friends here; I feel blessed to be able meet them. There's Teun who I had a great time with, we told each other everything, and we made fun of each other's life. There's Claude who is like my little brother; he was such a cheerful and wonderful person. Obviously, I cannot forget the tall black guy who tried to hold my hand so innocently, Reward who was the first to offer me help and all those strangers I bumped into randomly and smiled at me with such warmth. I love going to Shoestrings and people remember you because you're like part of the family. I'm really touched.

...but it's time to move on!

I arrived in Hwange to do some game drives in a open jeep!









I got to see many animals in their natural habitat, but I didn't take many pictures because the zoom of my camera isn't that great.

The most I've seen are zebras and giraffes. Giraffes are so gracious and majestic when they run; they represent Africa to me. I have seen them drinking water at a water hole, and monkey families hanging around, then a herd of elephants arrived running to the water, the little ones were the cutest. Two other herds of elephants joined later as well. There was also an alligator not far who was being a loner. It was such a happy moment.

The guide who works for African Wanderer Safaris, Jordan, reminded me of R with his tanned and reddish skin tone, his cheeks and the way he talks; it's so powerful and passionate...it just sucks people in. He is obviously very knowledgeable as well, smart and loves what he does. His pride for his country and his love for animals and nature is truly inspiring. I could listen to him talk forever!

I also did a night game drive. I saw a pack of buffaloes, which is very rare. "Other animals can express what they feel with body language, but buffaloes will just give you a blank stare like you owe them money, and once they decide to charge towards you, they will not stop", Jordan explained. We took the time to stop to admire the sky, all the stars and the milky way. I've never seen such a beautiful sky...I will miss that about Africa.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved