I fired my boss

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Mango+Maple Syrup
♥♥♥

I'm a firm believer of Adam Smith's "invisible hand" of individual self-interest theory. I believe that all businesspeople are evil. I should know that since I'm in business myself. While others were still hesitant, I was already certain that I was on the right direction. The infinite array of opportunities attracted me very early...but I also knew that only the evil and strong-willed ones can succeed.

Everybody thinks that Dominique, my manager, is so kind but to me, it only means that she's smarter and more likely to be successful. I never saw her as a kind person. Yesterday, she accused me under the guise of a "simple comment". It's not a comment that I cannot take. She commented on my clothes before, and I always took it well, y'know. But this time, it really wasn't a "simple little comment" like she claims. I tried to explain to her what really happened but she obviously didn't believe me. I confronted her...and it did get ugly. Like really ugly. Now, everybody will remember me for sure.

Ever since I were little, the one thing that made me feel the worst is to be wrongly accused. My dad used to accuse me for things I haven't done. My mom did it too. Almost everyone did; no one made the effort to understand me. I never had anyone to talk to. I cried a lot when I was misunderstood and I recognized that it's one of the most painful thing someone can go through. So at some point, I stopped justifying myself. But as much as I go around like I don't care, I really care more than anybody.

That woman already messed up my schedule last week and because of her, I couldn't do what I originally planned to do. I only got one life to live and I know clearly that those are things that will happen again many times but for now, I don't want to endure something that is not worth it. I'm tired of fake-smiling! It's all or nothing. It was my chance to fire her, and I did. I took all my stuff, slammed the door and left with style.

What would you do if there were no tomorrow? I ask myself that question quite often. There's an unexplainable depth to that seemingly foolish and unintelligible surface. You cannot see beyond that surface unless you totally emerge yourself in the liveliness of carefree actions. I'm really lucky I can still permit myself to act so carefree.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved