Random story about a 5-feet-9-inches guy

Saturday 22 January 2011

Since he doesn’t really deserve his own initials/secret identity, I'll just refer to him as…the 5-feet-9-inches guy.

I met the 5-feet-9-inches guy through a friend on a random day at the library last semester. I already knew who he was and who his friends were because well, girls gossip all day.

Recently, all three of us went to watch the movie “The Tourist”, play pool and drink. It was cool and I had a great time. When I got home, I called my friend to tell her that I got home safe and I went to bed right after.

The next morning, she called me and we just casually talked about last night in details as I was on my way to work. Yes, in details. That’s just what girls do. Then three days later, she sent me a text message saying that she has something important to tell me concerning something that happened after the night we went to watch “The Tourist”.

Here's her story:
The 5-feet-9-inches guy called her in the middle of the night after she got off the phone with me. He told her that he had something to say but he mumbles and hesitates like a teenage girl. She got annoyed and wanted to hang up but somehow, he convinced her to go outside to talk in his car. Then in the car, he remained silent, which made her uncomfortable. Next, he laid his hand on her leg and asked if she was alright. By the way he touched her leg, she thought he wanted to make advances on her so she left right away. Finally, she just warned me to be careful about that guy.

I already thought it was weird that she said nothing the morning when we were on the phone, but instead 3 days later like a big surprise out of nowhere. Maybe I'm too easily influenced and maybe I'm too distrustful of people, but that left me a bad first impression of the 5-feet-9-inches guy. That means I'll probably never be able believe a word from that guy. Well, I don't really believe any word from any guy in general actually. And well, my friend is my friend...I didn't question her further because it's not like it's concerning something important. “I'll just give him trouble if he tries to hit on me" I said to her.

A week or two later, I bumped into him randomly. We talked a bit and I think he wanted to ask me out but I can tell he was too shy. So obviously, I just played the friendly innocent girl. Then that weekend, he actually called me to go out. I suggested going to Tonic. I hate Tonic; it's the worst club in Montreal...but it was SynesthAsia's pre-party and I haven't seen Mirlaine in a while so I invited her too.

That night, I got a bit tipsy and had the sudden urge to ask him about what exactly happened that night after the movie and the pool. I wanted to know the truth just for the sake of knowing it.

And here’s his side of the story:
My friend was the one who called him to go to her place and when she got in the car, she remained silent and was acting weird. And he maintains that he didn't make any advances. It’s just my friend that thought too much.

Ha, what! That means one of them is lying. That's fucking funny.
Mirlaine believes him but I believe neither side.

At the club, I had fun dancing with Mirlaine, drinking and acting crazy. He brought his cousin. I flirted with them both. I just wanted to play with them, push them to the limits just to see how much they can take and how will they react. His cousin was tipsy and got into it. The next morning, Mirlaine was like...."Geez Elaine, you were so slutty last night". "I know. I did it on purpose" I answered, giggling.

Ever since Tonic, he started texting me random stuff every day and sometimes calls me...just to talk. He would ask me about my day so I would vent about how horrible my day was and how people are giving me headaches, ha. I think he might actually be a good guy. Oh well…

During one of our phone conversation, I asked him about the night we watched “The Tourist” again. I'm so annoying, haha. And that's when he gave me additional information. He still insists that she was the one who called him first but what he failed to mention is that he didn't pick up. But he did return her call, so maybe that's what my friend meant when she said he was the one who called. And then some misunderstandings occurred in the car, apparently.

…but why didn't he tell me the night we went to tonic? I don't know. The version of my friend implies that it’s the 5-feet-9-inches guy that's supposed to have something to say on the phone, but he hesitated. So if my friend was really the one who called first, like 5-feet-9-inches guy claims, then she's the one who's supposed to have something to say, right? So yeah, the two versions don't match and I still don’t know who’s the one lying.

...and to be honest, I don't give a fuck. I just thought it was fun to play the detective. Damn, I could've been a detective in another life, haha.

Last night, he invited me out for midnight deserts and we went to Tonic after…again. The only reason I wanted to go is just because I wanted to test my luck, see if I will run into someone I already know I will snob. Is that stupid? It’s like wanting to talk to someone because you want to argue with that person, ha.

Anyways. I’m really not interested in that 5-feet-9-inches guy. I could tell you guys I don't know why I’m leading him on...but the truth is that I know exactly why. I don’t want to explain. Let's just say that I'm bitchy like that. But from now on, I won’t answer his texts anymore. I don’t really want to cross the line and make things too ugly just because he knows the whole Asian community. I love Asian guys but I won't date another one unless he's from another city.

That's it, that's all.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved