Selfish

Thursday 4 March 2010

My mom often criticizes me for being selfish, which she just did actually. She's right and I admit it. I'm indeed a very selfish person and I don't have much compassion for others. I strongly believe that we're all born as separate independent beings and all acts are selfish in nature even if we're often unconscious of it. Some people refuse to think that way just so they can feel better about themselves but that's selfish too and you know it's for yourself if you're actually willing to do it. It doesn't mean it's bad or anything...it's all perspective. I always think that there are only those things we do for ourselves that will never be regretted no matter how foolish they are considered to be.

I still remember that question that people liked to ask back in high school:
What would you choose between:
A) Being unhappy but liked by everyone
B) Being happy but disliked by everyone

That question is a bit extreme and not realistic at all, but I chose B.

I often heard that kind-hearted people get depressed most easily because besides only having to worry for themselves, they also have to care for people around them. It's because there are still those people that we care about by our sides that makes it harder to let go things we don't wish to remember. That's why life is so much easier for selfish people. If I were not like that, I don't think I'd be able to recover that quickly from being sad. It's probably selfish to even think that way but for now, I enjoy being selfish. It's not that I'm mean necessarily; I just chose to be better to myself.


I don't want to change the world, i just want to be happy.

...I love my mom by the way haha.

 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved