San Jose

Sunday 17 August 2014

I arrived in San Jose after almost a full day spent on a bus. I was a little bit sad to leave Monteverde. It's only a short vacation, but I experienced all kinds of emotions; it's almost as if you get to live another life for a little while. If there's anything you wish you did differently, now it's the time.

I realized that I only have less than a week left, so I decided that I will only stay one day in San Jose. I debated between going to Irazu Volcano or just visiting the city. The volcano would have been fun, except that I've had my dose of volcanos and my legs haven't completely recovered yet.

Here are some pictures of the city. My favorite part of the city are all the street arts!







For one of the rare times in my travel life, I felt relatively unsafe. I wanted to go to that really cool restaurant which is very close to the place I stayed at, but it was closed. So, I walked towards downtown to find another restaurant, and in order to get there, I had to walk across a park. Parks are considered dangerous places, especially at night. I walked very fast, but I quickly realized that there was a guy following me. I wanted to confirm that he was actually following me, so I walked towards the direction where he came from...and he still kept following me...unless he really didn't know where he was going. I was scared, so I walked into the first restaurant I saw. I ate there, and took a taxi back, even if it was a 10-minute walk.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved