Boquete

Monday 18 August 2014

I cheated. I took the plane from San Jose to David in Panama. I really didn't feel like spending 10 hours in the bus. The flight was only an hour long and the bus from David to Boquete is about another hour long. Sometimes, I'd just rather pay more for comfort and convenience.

The most popular destinations in Panama are Boquete, which is a little mountain village located in the Panama highlands, Bocas Del Toros which is on the Caribbean side, and of course Panama city, the capital. I decided to go to all three and make the most out of my last week of vacation.

The cab driver, Alexandre, was so nice. He couldn't find my hostel, and I accidentally deleted the directions. After driving around for a while, I asked him to just drop me off near the market so I can go look around and figure it out.

As I started walking towards the residential area, a lady with bright red lips, holding a dog, asked me what I was looking for. I told her the name of my hostel, but she said it closed down. I thought that was so weird. She asked me to follow her, I kind of didn't have a choice, so I followed her. She asked around for me. Then a cab driver stopped us. "Que pasa?" the lady asked. I turned around and it was Alexandre! He was with a local guy who apparently knew where the hostel was, so I went with them. Isn't he so nice? 99% of people would just move on with their day after getting their payment, but he asked around, made phone calls and came back for me! I was so touched! Nice people are awesome, haha.

We finally found the hostel. The hostel was indeed closed and opened in a new location. There was nobody in the hostel, but it was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. I was happy!

I went in town, had a coffee, made some travel arrangements. I wanted to do rafting, but there were not enough people doing it. That's the inconvenience of travelling alone sometimes.

Here are some pictures taken around Boquete...

Look at what mother nature did. That's called the "Los Ladrillos"; it's a basalt volcanic formation. People like to do rock climbing here.



Here's a castle that a man made for the woman he loved. He never finished it and apparently even died in there. People say it's haunted...



Just a cute stream



I met a German guy and had a beer with him. He annoyed me, but it was still good entertainment, haha.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved