Monteverde

Thursday 14 August 2014

I travelled 9 hours today to reach Monteverde in Costa Rica. It rains almost everyday here as it is rainy season, but apparently, it is not even the real rainy season yet because it actually only rains for an hour every day. During the real rainy season, it rains ALL day long. I'm glad we're not there yet.

Riding a taxi towards Nicaragua and Costa Rica's border.



Stopped for BaƱos and bumped into this creature...



Costa Rica is possibly the most touristic place in Central America and they have all the activities here that tourists may want to do; zip lining, bungee jumping, ATVs, etc. They also have one of the world's top 10 bizarre restaurants which is the Tree House restaurant. I went there for a beer one night; it is cool...but a little overrated I must say. I decided to do the suspension bridge, Zip-lining and ATV.

I didn't bring my camera to most activities except for the suspension bridge. I thought it was going to be a long bridge but it's actually several bridges in a wet forest. The guide was a little weird. One guy asked where a certain tree came from, and he answered from the moon. Maybe, he was right? haha, we never know.

Overall, that little hike was quite painful for me, because my legs were still so sore from the volcano hike. However, it was nice to see a cloud forest which is actually similar to rain forests, but instead of relying on rain for essential moisture, adequate water comes from the semi-permanent cloud that covers the region.

One section of the suspension bridge






Then I went zip lining in the cloud forest. It was pretty exciting because you can do the Superman zip in which you move like Superman. It is also known as Latin America's Longest Zip line at 1590m which takes you 600ft in the air above forested valley. I felt like I was flying like a bird...a bird that was trying to keep balance, haha.

My favorite zip was the Tarzan swing, in which you move like Tarzan. It is 40 meters high, with the first 35 meters that feels exactly like a bungee jump. That was the best part.

I remember doing zip lining somewhere in Quebec a few years ago, but it was not nearly that fun and exciting.

Pictures for 5$, why not!



The other activity I did in Monteverde was ATV; rode some bumpy tracks and got all muddy. That was really fun as well.

My time in Monteverde was short but I loved every minute of my adrenaline adventures here!


 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved