Samarkand

Thursday 4 October 2012

I'm in Samarkand.

What did I see here? A few mausoleums, carpet shops, mosques, bazaars, and the Registan. There are people that travel to Uzbekistan just to see the Registan...and I feel bad to say this, but there's nothing striking about it, although it's obviously nice. Maybe I'm difficult to please...especially by anything that is man-made and especially after seeing all these larger-than-life natural landscapes in Kyrgyzstan.


Here's me standing in front of the Registan. The scarf that I'm wearing is hand-made and it's the prize I won for guessing the right answer that the manager of a carpet factory asked. I'm so clever, right? The question was; what is the most important quality that they are looking for when they hire workers to make the carpets? Ha, you'll never be able to guess. When I look at that scarf; it reminds me that I'm the winner, hehe.

The answer is; patience:) It can take months and years to make one carpet.

The rest are just pictures that I will not write about. I'm too lazy and like I said, I'm not that impressed.





















 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved