Istanbul

Wednesday 10 October 2012

I'm really, but really pissed. I lost my suitcase!

I went to the Tashkent airport at 2 AM and waited 3 hours in total; not waiting as in shopping while waiting, but waiting as in queueing. I was already warned that it will be complicated to get out of Uzbekistan, but it wasn't only complicated, but very stressful. The flight was an hour late, and I had to transfer in Moscow. I made it to my next flight on time nonetheless, but I knew that my luggage might not make it, and that's exactly what happened.

I called the airport today and they said they sent it to my hotel, but the staff here said they didn't receive anything yet?! I'm near the end of my trip and there isn't really anything very expensive in my suitcase other than my DSLR and my cat poop coffee...but I want my fucking suitcase back!

...by the way, I flied with Aeroflot, the Russian airline. I heard they suck, and now I can confirm that the rumors are true.

Anyways, I'm in Istanbul at the moment and yes, I heard that Turkey is about to start a war with Syria, but you could be too careful all your life, y'know. It's quite awesome here, except that I can't walk down the street without getting harassed. Boys that go "are you looking for something? are you looking for me? I'm still here!" or "Hello lady, I love you," seriously ha, it's annoying most of the time. I'm still enjoying it; the city is very beautiful. Napoleon once said "If only one state existed on earth, Istanbul would be its capital".


Sunrise from Sultanahmet district :)



Aya Sofya.



Stunning architecture inside.



The Blue Mosque.



I wanted to go to the Grand Bazaar, and I think this is it. I didn't feel like asking anyone because that would make me look confused, and you know what happens what you look confused? Yes, people harass you. Always walk with a purpose!



Random street.



As I walked on the street, there was this man around 30 years of age that came to talk to me. I thought he was going to try to sell me the moon or the stars like the rest did, but he didn't. Isn't this weird? He seemed to know quite a lot of people. I saw that ad for a boat ride and told him I might be interested to go...and he said he knows the guy who's selling the ticket and can get it cheaper for me, and that's what happened. He came with me on the boat, and we just talked a little about everything. Then, he invited me for dinner tonight...I said yes, but now that I think about it, I don't think I will show up. Is that mean? It might be a scam, it might not, I really don't know, especially because he mentioned that he wanted to take me to Taksim tonight...which is even more suspicious. My intuition tells me that he wanted to scam me but changed his mind for whatever reason, and my intuition never does me wrong.



Yay, boat ride!...with a stranger that I was trying to get rid of.



Bosphorus bridge connects Europe and Asia; it is also named suicide bridge, because it is the famous place to suicide after a break-up. Isn't it quite romantic to suicide in the middle of two continents?
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved