Tuna Casserole

Tuesday 7 June 2011

When people tell me that I should learn how to cook, I reply "Who doesn't know how to cook when they have a recipe to follow, seriously."

Jonathan always asks me to cook so I decided that I'll do it just to surprise him, and because it's kind of fun to cook too and to make a big mess in the kitchen...in his kitchen, duh.

By the way, I never cooked for anybody before and instant food doesn't count. Everybody knows that the microwave is my best friend. I went online, while at work, and tried to search for the most simple recipe. I found a tuna casserole recipe that didn't seem too complicated.

So right after work, I went grocery shopping in business attire. It feels like I'm living a different life, doing things that I usually don't do. It's mentally better than shopping for clothes in some sense. I was kind of excited hoping that it will taste at least okay. It would be too embarrassing otherwise.



Ingredients
1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen green peas
2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
1 cup crushed potato chips

Directions
1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3.In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and top with potato chip crumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese.
4.Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is bubbly.


I learned that...
1. There are more than 1 color of onions; red, white and yellow.
2. Cheddar cheese is orange.
3. I do not know how to use a can opener.

So, here's what it looks like before baking it in the oven.


Of course, I don't know how to use an oven, so I call Jonathan "Yo! Are you coming home soon?! I'm starving and I don't know how to use the oven..." He burst out laughing.

To be honest, it wasn't the best thing I ate in my life, but better than fast food, hehe :)
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved