Where's Elaine that we know?

Friday 6 August 2010


I sent him a text to tell him that I miss him. I know. That is so not smart, right? My friends would go "Where's your pride, honey? Where's Elaine that we know"? Ok, please. My life is too short to be deprived for the word "pride"; it's nothing but a word that holds people back.

Sometimes, I get e-mails from readers telling me that they admire the fact that I'm full of life, fun and open-minded and I'd doubtfully think to myself "Really? Is that how I am"? Then I read my older posts and it's like...yeah, that was definitely me until I got blinded by recent experiences.

I've been thinking a lot these few days. Since when did something so simple requires so much thinking and considerations? Instead of going so blindly with the flow, I'd rather do what I'm afraid to do and if I ruin everything then...so what? I've done and seen worst.

It's so simple and it's all I wanted to say. I also told him that he taught me a great lesson in the art of starting over and I invited him over so I can cook for him. I had to tell him because I cannot regret. I had to tell him because this is unguarded, it's generous...and it's without that selfish prudence. I didn't need to calculate how I will be compensated and in fact, it already seems like a dead end to me but I learned that carefree actions are the liveliest. It's worth everything and it doesn't need a reason.

Everyone's tired of my depressive posts and I'm tired of them too. It's time to wake up. It's about finding myself again; the one who doesn't know what's right, what's wrong, but knows exactly what makes her happy.

I'm too thickskinned to be embarrassed and I'd rather regret something I did than something I didn't do.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved