How do you say no to a friend?

Thursday 25 February 2010

OMFG.

I shouldn't have answered the phone.

Jonathan called me from Couche-Tard so I didn't know it was him. If I knew, I would've ignored the call. And no, I don't work there anymore.

He wants to watch movies at his place tomorrow on his bed again. I was trying to look for an easier way to say no but I didn't have enough time to think since I'm a bit slow, I don't even remember the excuse I used few
days ago, did I say I were busy studying or something? Probably. Anyways. Fuck.

Does he want more because he didn't get anything last time? He still has a dick even if he's nice, y'know. Or does he really only want to watch a movie because he's that bored? And I don't think I need to tell you guys which is more probable. He even said he'll watch whatever I want to watch, so I said I want to watch a chick flick. Do guys actually watch those movies? No, unless he's gay right? That proves that it's not a movie that he wants to watch.


Oh, but by the way, he proposed to watch a movie at the cinema at first but that sounded like a date to me, so I said it would better if we just watch a movie at his place...because that would make it more arguable that it's simply because we're bored....not because we want to go on a date, haha do I make sense? But actually, I don't even want to watch a movie at his place. Female brains are fucked up haha. I think by now, most of you can tell that I have difficulties saying no to friends, eh? Especially to those who insist too much. Like I said, I didn't have enough time to think of an excuse either.

...obviously, I'm not interested at all.


I either tell him directly, tell him indirectly or...do nothing, wait and hope that he gets the message by himself.

...and to be honest, I don't know how to deal with this and I don't have the guts to tell him directly, but it's going to make the situation worst if I wait. Usually, when it's a random dude, I can do whatever I like; ignore his calls, ignore his texts, kick him in the nuts by "accident", make the situation awkward just to see his reaction, bring him to a super expensive place to make him pay the bill, but Jonathan is a friend and it's not like he did anything wrong to me...

I don't want to say things like "hey dude, I love you so much, we're like brother and sister!"...totally lame and cheesy. No one says that except the fobs from somewhere in Asia.

What a long post for absolutely nothing. In short, I need to find the nicest and least awkward way to say no and hope he doesn't insist further more. Fuck. SOMEONE HELP ME!

PS.: So he called me today (friday) for the movie, and I used the same excuse again "I have a lot to study, next time maybe?". Then he asked when is next time, and luckily my sister was playing piano in the background so I told him I couldn't hear him properly and that we'll talk later..."later". I'm lame!
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved