Annoying text messages

Saturday 20 February 2010

I don't want to be mean but are there seriously people who send text messages to others everyday?

I'm only talking about those msn type of text messages that elicit a somewhat long conversation like "How are you?" , "What are you doing?" and those text message that are completely useless like "Good morning" and "Good night". I don't get why people do this. Like...does it even matter if I'm sleeping, studying or showering? Are you going to miss school if you don't say "good morning" to me? Are you going to sleep better after sending me a "good night"? Because that doesn't make a difference to me and the only message I get from this is "I HAVE UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGES!", not how much you care if that's the message you want to get through. AND if it's because you're bored...then texting people is not a solution, getting a life is what you need.


If it's only once in a while and if you only have a little thing to say then I guess it's fine, but every single day?! You know what a telephone is for? To talk. Wait...are there still people who use their phone to talk? I think I'm too old-fashioned, ha.

If it were just anyone else, I would just ignore, but that guy is still my friend and he's a nice person and I don't want to make him feel bad, y'know. So I don't know what to do. Oh and, I'm talking about Jonathan, he's been texting me everyday for a week now and it doesn't stop! And it could seriously go on for hours when he does it.


*new text message beep*
*new text message beep*
*new text message beep*
*new text message beep*
*new text message beep*
*beep beep beep*


That's just annoying.
I hope he's going to stop gradually without having me to tell him.

Text messages, e-mails, msn, and such, make communication more convenient indeed, but if they are unreasonably used then all they do is creating barriers. In a city like Montreal, people are too busy to realize it unless they know what it is to "live in the jungle". I never lived in a jungle, but I have lived in a place where technology accessibility is questionable and people there just don't rely on it that much, but bonds between people were definitely stronger and more meaningful.

To the rest of you guys, don't abuse text messages, e-mails and msn unless your boyfriends/girlfriends/friends live on the other side of the world ;)
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved