For "his" birthday

Saturday 6 June 2009

Today (yesterday to be precise since it's after midnight) was my dad’s birthday. I knew. My mom told me. I knew but I didn't give him anything and didn't even wish him a happy birthday... I just ignored him. Am I a bad daughter? I felt that, it won’t even come from my heart so why would I do or tell him all that crap? I won't...and I don't do things I don't feel like. I know that if I did, he would be indeed very happy but, I just didn't want to.

There are people you might see and talk to everyday, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will be close with those people. On the other hand, there are people who you might only see once in a long while, but you might feel attached to them that easily. That's just how it is. You cannot weight or compute how much a relationship is worth. Is a 10-year relationship more valuable than a 1-day relationship? You can keep someone next to you for 10 years but that does not mean that you are both happy.

All this to say that, I might live under the same roof as my dad...but daddy and daughter is nothing but tittles like mister and madam. I can call him daddy, but I don’t know if I can actually regard him as my daddy. What kind of cold blood beast would say things like what I just wrote…I'm human too and I’m scared to regret someday, but what I just wrote is what I actually feel.

I don’t lie to myself. Sorry.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved