Luxor

Sunday 29 November 2015

Luxor was once the capital of Egypt. It is one of the most ancient cities that still exists today and it contains 30% of the monuments in the world. You can almost dig anywhere and find something that is over 4000 years old.

The west bank of the Nile houses the mysterious Valleys of the Kings, Queens and other nobles. It is one of most well-known sites and as impressive as the pyramids. It is set amongst barren hills where not a scrap of green can be seen.

I think there are more than 80 tombs, some are not yet excavated and only a few are open. We walked into those long corridors dug inside the mountains, some of them are very long and deep; it just feels out of this world. The details in the carvings inside those caves are stunning and some colors are still original from thousands of years ago. Cameras were not allowed inside unfortunately.



We sat down somewhere under the shade to rest, and a few kids came to ask me to take a selfie with them, which I did. As soon as they are done, 40 more kids wanted selfies with me and my mom, one after the other. I think they were on a school field trip or something. They were so adorable, and it made me feel like a superstar, haha.

There was so much to do and to see in Luxor. While we were there, we also visited Hatshepsut temple and Karnak temple, which I also really liked. Nothing is made randomly in Egypt; there is a meaning and a thought behind everything. I learned more than I did in any history class!




 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved