Pompeii

Sunday 15 November 2015

So, I promised my mom that I will travel with her to Italy and Egypt...


My experience with her so far isn't what I expected. We have different traveling styles; I like to wake up late, eat breakfast slowly, visit one place or two, drink a coffee and maybe read something, stroll around and relax for the rest of the day. My mom apparently likes to wake up early, have breakfast in a hurry, visit tons of places and go back to sleep. It tires me to be honest...but I tell myself that I've been lucky enough to travel around the world, whereas my mom worked hard all her life and never really went anywhere...so I'm trying to be patient.



We went to Pompeii on the first day and visited Mount Vesuvius, since my mom has never been on an active volcano. It's a volcano that you can drive to the top or almost and walk the rest which takes 30 minutes.  It is known for the destruction and preservation of Pompeii in AD79. Pompeii was pretty intact when rediscovered in the 17th century, and it's really cool to see what it was like 2000 years ago. The excavation  has been going for 3 centuries, and a big part of it is still buried.

This is the second Roman ruins I've visited, but this one is much better preserved. You can still see the beds made of rocks, and signs that says "beware of dogs", fountains, water pipes, brothels and "sexy" paintings on the walls. It's pretty amazing!
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved