Cairo

Sunday 22 November 2015


You can't really say that you've seen the world unless you've seen Egypt. So, here I am!

I actually thought that Cairo looked pretty advanced; we didn't really get stared at on the streets and people have been very helpful so far...but my mom is shocked. She's not used to dusty and dirty streets, donkeys sharing the streets with cars, taxi drivers stopping right next to us to get our attention...

Honestly, people discouraged me to come here because there were some incidents in western desert resulting in the death of 12 people. However, these things can happen at anytime and in any place...I once went to Turkey the day after it got hit by a bomb. I went to Nairobi a week after the shopping mall attack. I was also in Paris a few weeks before the terrorist attack. You will never know when or where...and the reality is that the majority of people are good, and the press have been very unfair to Egypt! I really wish more people knew this.

Going to Egypt has always been a dream of mine...We visited the pyramids of Giza and even went inside one of them. It was quite fun going down those narrow tunnels, which were not ventilated and with limited light. I felt like I was in a movie.  These pyramids have stood the test of time, remaining largely the same for more than 4500 years. You can't help but just stand there and wonder how?! How did the Egyptians move those massive blocks of rocks across the desert? How did they pile those rocks up into a pile? How did they shape them in perfectly rectangular blocks?

Today was probably one of the best days of my life :)




 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved