A sailing trip on the Nile to Luxor

Thursday 26 November 2015



I just came back from a sailing trip on the Nile, and I haven't showered for 3 days, which really isn't that bad...but I feel so dirty sleeping near the sand and dust. I got to the hotel, and think to myself that I finally get to shower...but there is no water! You just never know what to expect...but I'm really happy here. Nearly everyday would contain nondescript routines and commutes, but not today.

A felucca is a wooden boat with broad canvas sails and without any outboard engine. The distance we travel depends on the wind. It was a little hot on the boat and I was kind of bored, so I went to sit in the back where the captain is. We talked for a while and then I asked him if I could help him sail the boat. "Okay, you will be the captain and I will be the boss," he said.

We spent the day exploring the river and slept on the deck under the stars.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved