A little walk in the village

Friday 27 November 2015


We spent some time in a little village on our way to Luxor, and my mom said she felt like a refugee. The funny thing is that she is from a poor village in mainland China as well. I can't blame her for thinking that way. Every year, the pace of communication and expectation increases. We have more commitments and get busier. We want to improve and we want the best of the best...

After I came back from Africa two years ago, I've been trying to reduce life's excess, distractions, material possessions...I stopped trying to do everything and doing too much. What you lose in possessions, you gain in freedom. It gave me a chance to focus on what's important, what adds value to my life, what I want to remember when I get old and the stories that I could tell. I can't say my life is perfect and I'm definitely not always happy...but I definitely feel more fulfilled

Life is simple and slow here, and I love it.



 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved