Hurghada

Tuesday 1 December 2015


I'm in Hurghada now. Hurghada is a city on the Red Sea coast; we came here to enjoy enjoy the beach and the sea. The water is so clear; it really looked like a huge aquarium. You can see the colorful fishes from the boat.

We went for a little walk, and so many people tried to drag us into their shops. They try really hard...and they all have different techniques. Sometimes, they would ask you to go inside so they can give you their business cards. Other times, they lure you with free stuff. I'm a nice person, so I just answer politely "No, thanks." but it is usually not enough for them to leave you alone. We already did our shopping in Luxor and told ourselves that we will stop shopping. I can't really zip my backpack anymore.

...but I actually went inside one of the shops (because I was nice), and I asked a question that I shouldn't have asked. "How much is this dress?" After I asked that, he sat me down, gave me a cup of hibiscus tea and started pulling all the dresses out of the closets and shelves. I was like...what the heck? I kind of felt bad so we ended up buying some dresses. He was nice though. After that, we chat some more around more tea, and he asked if I was single. "Yes," I aswered. So, he asked me to marry him, and he asked my mom how many camels she wanted, haha. He also wrote my name in Egyptian and drew a heart. How cute!

Of course there are people who try to rip you off, but most people don't mean to harass tourists; they are just trying to make a living. Also, even if they try to sell you things; it doesn't mean you can't have a real conversation with them.





 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved