Kyrgyzstan

Wednesday 26 September 2012

I'm in Kyrgyzstan and I haven't showered for three days, haha.

Kyrgyzstan is the least developed country of former Soviet Union and it is not well known in general, which is great because it is not influenced by tourism. It's a country that still embraces nomadic traditions and the landscape is the most beautiful I've seen. Most of the country is composed of mountains, lakes and glaciers.

When I arrived here, someone told me that I looked like a Kyrgyz woman and I was like, how?! I didn't realize that Kyrgyz people actually look similar to Mongols, but there are also many Russians that live in Bishkek as well.


I took a bus from China into no man's land. I wasn't sure what to pack when I was in Montreal, because I'm a very compact person and I don't like to carry things that I will only use once or twice or just in case. So, I just packed a leather jacket. The weather actually went below zero at night, but I survived...because I'm Canadian.



I slept in a family-owned yurt camp that was situated at about 3100 meters above sea level, which is why I haven't showered. It was too cold.



This little donkey kept following me, because I fed him cookies that I didn't want anymore. I swore that I would not touch foreign animals, because I didn't take any shots...but dude, isn't that the cutest thing in the world? And donkeys are very hard-working as well, which is why I like them.



Hehe :)



A lady making a carpet.



There is basically nothing to do here, so I climbed the closest mountain. The view was amazing. Also, I get to pee in the cleanest toilet in the world; the nature, haha. But seriously, there are toilets not too far from the yurts, which are basically holes dug into the ground...but I just prefer the bush.



Pass 32; Mountains and mountains and more mountains....



Behind is the Song-Kol lake, which is the second largest alpine lake in Kyrgyzstan.



The only sink in the yurt camp.



It was very quite; you cannot hear any sounds except the stream and a cow once in a while. You get the feeling that you're part of a painting.

I love Kyrgyzstan so far; it's a place I can imagine myself living in. I could eat yogurt and mutton everyday, yummy :)
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved