Kashgar

Sunday 23 September 2012

This morning, I returned to the station for my next train journey to Kashgar, which is 24 hours away. The train station is one of the dirtiest I've seen. I feel like it's such a battle everytime I come to a train station; I need to carry my suitcase, my sport bag, my purse and my shopping bag for food through the mass of people spitting, camping, littering, eating, sleeping, screaming over each other everywhere. In a way, I've always loved China because it's ridiculous and brilliant; kids walking around with holes in their pants, old men carrying their little radio around, and turn it up so loud that everyone can hear, you will rarely offend anyone no matter how different you are and people can laugh at themselves, etc.



Waking up to this view on the train. Isn't that amazing?



Kashgar is in China but if the signs were not written in Han Chinese, I seriously would never know that this place is part of China. In Kashgar, I visited the bazaar and the Id Kah Mosque square where you can see camels and donkeys parked there. I had plenty of yummy food as well.

Kashgar is probably my second favorite city in China so far. The first one will always be Hangzhou because I grew up so much in that place.



The Sunday Bazaar is the main attraction in Kashgar. There is one inside the city and another one outside known as the animal market, which is my favorite. It is smelly and dirty, and animals poops are everywhere...but it's very interesting and authentic if you're open-minded. It's a big part of their culture as well. You can spend hours snapping pictures and watching farmers trading goats, camels, donkeys, cows, etc. It was fun!







Most of them are very nice; they posed for me when they saw me with my camera :)






It's so cute; a kid with his donkey :) Honestly, I saw some cute Uighur men; they look so charming with their mustache.



...one asked me to take a picture of him, so I did. He asked me if I'm Han, and kept telling me how pretty I am...but how does he know that I'm pretty or not behind my huge sunglasses? Anyways. Then, he gave me his phone number on a piece of paper and asked me to call him. I was like...okay? Lastly, he asked me to marry him. I was like...euh, no. It was funny.


From Kashgar, the roads lead into the countries that end with "stan". Guess where I'm heading next?
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved