Jakarta

Tuesday 4 September 2012

I'm in Jakarta now.

I always thought that Jakarta was such a cool name, but Jakarta is not exactly how I imagined it to be. I imagined Jakarta to be similar to Kuala Lumpur...but it's not; Kuala Lumpur looks like a big city in a first world country. Jakarta looks more developed than Ho Chi Minh, and about the same as Bangkok, but less touristic...and you will realize that right away because it's harder to get by with English here.

...but yeah, I liked Kuala Lumpur more...Singapore too, now that I think about it. It's just because in Malaysia and Singapore, no one gave a fuck about me, and it wasn't as obvious that I'm a foreigner either. Here, when I walk down the street, I get lots of "Hi madam!" It's nice and sweet and I love Indonesians...but sometimes, I just want peace.

It is very dirty and dusty here. Air pollution is more evident as well; it's hard to breathe. Now, I understand why Singapore is considered clean. The traffic is crazy. I usually stay vigilant in a taxi, because you never know where the hell they can drive you...but I actually fell asleep because the traffic here is the worst I've seen.


Wayang Museum. I'm not a fan of puppets, but it was good to see some old ones spanning decades and some creepy ones too.



Inside the biggest Mosque of Southeast Asia, the third biggest in the world; Mesjid Istiqulal. Big is the only word I could use to describe this place; it has 5 floors, long corridors, large columns. I can't say anything else about it because I've never been to another one. It was dusty everywhere I touched. Today, I've been told that there were people washing the ceilings for the first time. It was good to see nonetheless. Oh, and these are not my clothes, duh.



Front view.



Indonesia is my last stop in Southeast Asia.

After Jakarta, I will be heading to Yogyakarta and then, BALI!!! I thought about going to Bandung too, which is a famous destination but to be honest, I'm tired of travelling. I'm tired of being on the plane, to be on the road, to leave right after getting used to one place, to not sleep on the same bed...so, I decided to stay 4 days in Bali, Ubud to be exact, doing absolutely nothing at all. I need a vacation from my vacation.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved